Pages

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Hiya! Y'all right?

January 28th

Oh hey window repair man, no, of course it’s not a big deal if you bring your crew, your saws, and your hammers into the room next to me when I’m trying to sleep. Yeah, no, it’s true, I just LOVE waking up to the sounds of power tools. Hmph.

However, today is Thursday which means no class until 4 and lots of free time. Happy day!

I’ve come across an interesting discovery. Everyone thinks I’m Canadian. Even Americans I don’t know very well. It’s called the West Coast people. We don’t have a drawl, a twang, a nasally pitch. We just talk like the people on the OC. Or you know, like normal. Anyway, this is a bit of an advantage, because I don’t seem to run into as much Anti-American feelings as everyone else. It also could have something to do with the fact that I practically whisper everywhere I go. I do miss being loud.

I went to Hospice today to see if I could volunteer for them. I’m such a big supporter of Hospice; they serve the community in such an important way. I think I’m going to do website updating and such for them. The only thing is I can’t technically volunteer anywhere over here because of background check stuff. But…I can “visit” places on a regular basis.

My mom and I started planning our Scotland trip a couple days ago. I’m so excited. I’ve always wanted to go to Scotland, and I’m stoked we’re going to see things like Loch Lomond and Edinburgh. Ugh. I just want to go everywhere. I have the travel bug so bad. Because I was so excited about Scotland, I also started planning my spring break trips. I think Croatia is going to happen for sure, and I talked with Miss Bovee about visiting. Annnnnd then I went on travel channel’s website and looked up internships abroad. Now I know why the post-college back packing trip across Europe is a cliché.

I went to a small group with my friend Michelle last night. I couple people I had met before were there, Lucy and Ben, but it was mostly new faces. We talked about 2 Samuel 6 (which by the way the British say “Two Samuel Six”) where Uzzah was struck down dead and David danced naked for God. And we played with playdoh. I made the oxen that stumbled. It’s an interesting story, because on the surface it seems like Uzzah was only trying to protect the ark, but really he was being irreverent. Anyway, I liked the part where they renamed the place “Perez Uzzah” which means “The-Explosion-Against-Uzzah”. Perez made me also think of the gossip blogger.

Well the sun is out and I should probably do something productive.

0 comments:

Post a Comment