Pages

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Life is like a turtle sometimes.

word.


This is what socialized medicine does to your sight...
aw...purdy housemate.


hi. my name is Sarah. and I am bored.


Happy Cinco de Mayo!

So an interesting feature of life over here is the pace. It’s slow. Real slow. I think the crazy amount of free time has been the best and the worst part of being over here. However, since i pretty much only write about the amazing, mind-blowing travels and cool cultural things, I thought I’d take a post to just sort let you all in on what the rest of my days look like. And random facts about me.

So here was today. Got up. Went to my last Shakespeare seminar. It was sad. Went to library. Printed. Turned in paper. Talked with teacher. Ran 7 miles. Had curry for dinner. Skyped. Got bored and did makeup. Updated blog.

An interesting story from today, I guess, was that meeting with my teacher. The profs here are really harsh when grading, and it’s unsettling at times. It’s a healthy break though from the amount of praise and hand holding we get at home, but they tend to focus entirely on the negative, which takes some getting used to. For example, on this paper I just got back, one of the comments read “how could you possibly think this was a good idea?”

I dunno. I guess I thought it fit with my topic?

Anywho. It’s a big difference from home.

Wow. Most boring blog entry ever. Sorry. More exciting things will happen in my life that I can tell you about soon.


Hopefully.





1 comments:

Suvi said...

I love the new look of your blog! And I totally agree with you on the pace - I thought I was pretty relaxed at home, but it's NOTHING compared to this... I already have a long list of things I'm going to do when I get home.

Post a Comment