Pages

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Back to school, back to school...

Well, spring break is just about over. Probably the last time in my LIFE I will have a month off in addition to the other two weeks I’ve had off in one semester, but I think I made the most of it. I came home after Spain, (it’s fun to have that mean Chester now in the long list of places that pop into my head), because I wasn’t getting better and the money pile had a rather large (but well spent) dent in it. Some people go to Paris, fall in love with the people, culture, and language, and begin a long and happy life together. I went to Paris and all I got was a stupid cold virus that won’t die. (And yes science friends I know viruses can’t technically die, get off my case, ha).

Anyway, I had an incredible three weeks going all over the continent, AND I came back to Chester excited to be home in England, which was a nice feeling. Sometimes you just have to leave to appreciate a place. My now staycation has also been great, I got to register for awesome classes for next year, do a whole bunch of little tasks that had slipped through the cracks, and get ready to have a wonderful last leg of my time here in Chester. I still have to do Wales properly, go to the Lake District, Oxford, Cambridge, maybe Bath, London again, and hopefully one last out of the country trip, either Ireland, Amsterdam, or Norway. Suggestions appreciated.

And next week my friend Chris is coming to visit! I’m excited to play tour guide to a fellow Whitworthian and English major.

And of course I still have to finish classes and papers and school…and the ever present laundry. But the sun is shining, the grass is green, (no orange or palm trees), but lots of flowers everywhere to keep my spirits high and a smile on my face.

Happy day.

P.S. I took a LOT of pictures on my break. If you want to see them click on this link or check out the abridged version on my facebook.

1 comments:

Sarah said...

i loved your comment about the sun shining, the grass being green, and the orange and palm trees because that's exactly what i was thinking tooooooo!

Post a Comment