Pages

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Fi fie fo fum.

Privacy (pronounced preh-VAH-cee) is different here. Yesterday, I was sleeping quite peacefully, in fact in the middle of a pretty vivid dream when all of a sudden someone bangs on our bedroom door. Now awake and slightly alarmed, Morgan and I both looked at each other. She got up and started to ask who was there and was interrupted by this Miss Trunchbull type woman who had a badge, a clip board, and obviously the key to our apartment and room. She informed us, as she walked around poking at things and lifting up the curtains, that she was here for our room inspection, and we shouldn’t look so startled, we were informed. We weren’t, clearly, the girls upstairs were instead. She said no matter, it was alright because we scored a 16 and so she wouldn’t be back until April.

So many questions. For starters, 16 out of what, followed by what was she inspecting for, what was her badge, and why did she wake me up?? Strange.

Classes are going well, and I am counting the hours until I have a week off in Scotland. Everyone keeps telling me I’m going to be freezing, but I keep thinking to myself, “that’s because you’re British and you think 40 F is frigid.” If I can handle the Spo, I can handle Scotland.

I keep putting off laundry. I suppose it needs to happen soon. Probably should go grocery shopping too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment